Do you want to add some spice to your regular boring life? Then 2019 is high time to get to know about the best single speed and gear bikes. You will never realize the adventure streak of these bikes until you get one for yourself.
Through this article let’s explore all the latest bikes on a row this year and how far they can pump up your adrenaline in a budget-friendly way. Choose the kind of bike you love to ride, either it can be a single high-speed bike that also has fixed gears to raise your adventure nerve.
These bikes are hassle-free, comfortable and have no significant miscellaneous charge. Its high time to look for precise specifications and latest models before you try to make a purchase. More than just a freaky experience, it has an elite and aristocratic outlook that makes your overall riding activity feel great. If you go for a single speed bike, the global vision will be straightforward with no extravagant gears or anything that changes the classic bike style.
Both single speed and gear bikes are of lightweight, giving you a great balance to ride. They are great for mountain rides and mainstream rides. More than anything, they are eco-friendly, and you don’t have any guilt over environmental pollution. Cycling has become a good sport, and if you want to turn your life exciting, then you have to consider buying one of these kinds seriously.
There is no age when it comes to these high speed and gear bikes. If you are looking for something for a healthy exercise, a one hour ride will take care of your heart and overall health. More than getting a treadmill or any other machines, go for these bikes that would make you feel humane, adventurous and powerful.
10 Best Single Speed Bikes of 2019
We have brought a sum up of 10 great single speed bikes that you can never miss to ignore this 2019. They have the elite, minimalist look with more fun to ride. Seriously, you can throw away the tension of changing the gears while riding. All you have to do is a smooth and consistent pedalling that gives you wings to fly in the road. You will find all the below-listed bikes comes with low maintenance and high durability in both the hills and plains.
#1. Vilano Rampage Single Speed Road Bike:
- Fixed gear or single speed (flip-flop hub)
- Urban geometry 700c tig-welded Frame and Fork
- Forged Alloy Crank set w/46T replaceable chain ring
- 45mm Double Walled Deep-V Anodized Wheel set with matching Anodized Hubs
- Free Platform Pedals Included
Villano Rampage is a low-cost single speed road bike that you can find in this list. They are a highly affordable bike with useful features for entry-level riders. You can use this bike for the daily urban ride as it comes with a sturdy steel frame, steel fork, and shock absorption features. This bike comes with different shades of colours, like champagne orange, matte blue, grey, matte black and green.
- Built-in quality tires give a smooth ride
- Flip flop rear thongs have done pairing along with forged alloys
- Highly satisfactory features at the cost of $180
- This bike which is built-in steel that’s comparatively more massive than the aluminium frame
- If you want to ride the hill, this isn’t a suitable option
#2. Pure Fix Premium Fixed Gear and Single Speed Bicycle:
- City street ready fixed gear single speed fixie bicycle with pre-wrapped drop bars
- Pro series triple-butted 4130 full chromoly frame and fork, for a light, durable and faster ride
- Flip-Flop rear wheel hub allows changing from single-speed to fixed gear with ease
- 700 x 28C thick slick 30mm deep dish tires for speed, comfort, and flat protection in urban environments
- Brand name components include Kenda tubes, Wellgo pedals, KMC chain, Tektro front brake
Pure fix premium is a premium high-speed bike that has some outstanding pro features compared with other bikes. Like it’s an excellent model, but it also costs $500. You can pick this one according to your riding skills. It is a pure cycle premium fixer, that is ready to carry you on a high street ride with drop bars. It’s indeed a pro series where it’s made of the full metal frame. It consists of conserved cartridge comportment that can give a smoother ride off from dust, dirt, and rolls. It has a flip flop wheel.
- High safety features – Efficient front brake
- High-speed ride with durable tires
- Comfortable saddles for long rides
- KMC Z 410 chain with Retro alloy
- High price
- Provident of Kenda tires still has its drawbacks
#3. Pure Fix Premium Bikes:
A pure fix is the best option for beginners who would love to ride a quality fixie at an affordable cost. The cycle’s chromyl steel increases its efficiency to a greater extent. The cycle is low weight, easy maintenance, steek and grow up style. Pure fix premium bikes are the first option for most of the commuters who want to have a comfortable and urban style ride.
- Affordable cost
- Can stand up against the daily wear and tear
- Quality Tires
- Read hub threading is not entirely satisfactory
#4. Critical Cycles Classic Single – Speed With Pursuit Bullhorn Bars:
Before you choose critical cycles, get to know that they are midline road bikes at affordable prices. These cycles are known for its classic single gear fixed bike with bullhorn bars. It is quite an excellent cheap alternative you can choose when it comes to other bikes.
This bike is famous for its high malleable steel with an attractive front fork that comes along with shock absorption. One of the best features is its high stability with low weight which is below the 20s which depends on the frame size. It also gives you a freewheel ride with flip flop rear hub.
- Quality bike at affordable cost
- Encourages adventurous riding experience with bullhorn handlebar
- Sophisticated stylish saddle
- It has a Promax brake which is available only on the rear
- The handlebars have a more extended section
#5. State Bicycle Black Label Fixed Gear Track Bike:
- Lightweight 6061 Aluminum frame, double butted and tig-welded
- Essor USA carbon fiber fork with full carbon fiber steer tube
- Limited Edition Galaxy 46T Crankset and Galaxy Hold Fast Straps
- Flip-Flop Hub
- 49cm. Recommended rider height: 5'0" to 5'3"
This bicycle is best for expert riders who have complete control overriding a fixie — one who wants to upgrade their ride from a basic model to a pro one. The state bicycle black label is the one that’s much admired by all the riders. They are efficient to build for tracks. This is the right combination both trail bike and street bike. It consists of an aluminium frame which can be seen only in high-end pro bikes. The motorcycle includes Essor carbon fork that provides an excellent shockproof feature for the cycle.
- This cycle consists of dual calliper brakes
- The period is meagre weight and the right choice to ride on the road
- Quite expensive for its feature – around $700 to $800
- Geared vehicles can be bought at that price
#6. Big Shot Track Bikes:
- PRIME LINE COLLECTION: Big Shot Bikes proudly introduces the prime line collection, simple yet elegant. Copenhagen White - looking good never looked so easy. Dakar Yellow - the sun always shines. Dublin Black - has never been more fashionable. Havana Orange - create your own rolling fashion statement. Ibiza Green - stand out from the rest. Kyoto Gray - exude refinement and sophistication.
- RACE TRACK INSPIRED: Our updated track bike holds all the nostalgia of a classic track bike with a modern upgrades that optimize it for a smooth street and city ride. The unique industrial frame, paired with bullhorn bars adds maximum comfort. With front and rear dual caliper brakes ensure quick and smooth breaking. Let's not forget the beautiful 43mm deep rims which complete the set up.
- SIMPLE YET SOPHISTICATED: This simple, uncomplicated machine is built with the all the luxuries and sophistication you want in a track bicycle without the unnecessary bulkiness. The slim frame and fixed or single speed gear options give you speed with minimal mechanisms, making it sleek and efficient. With superior construction and the option for fixed pedaling or coasting these bikes are versatile.
- FIXED GEAR OR SINGLE SPEED: Although a typical old school track bike would be a true fixie, this beauty can switch between fixed gear or single speed. The fixed gear allows a connection to the bike that you don't get once you switch to the single speed, with relaxed coasting ability. With the flip flop hub option, and minimal mechanical knowledge, you can go from fixed gear to single speed, simply by removing the back tire and flipping it around using the hollow dropouts.
- BIG SHOT BIKES: Passionate bike enthusiasts, Big Shot Bikes have been featured in multiple national publications; being recognized as experts in the recent mass customization of bikes. Big Shot has been serving the nation and their local community of Fort Collins CO since 2009, delivering impeccable bikes, superior customer support and donating to local charities. Truly dedicated to the brand and customer, each bike is built on demand with and assembled in the USA.
Great shot bikes are up in the market for the past ten years. Their primary focus is only high-speed bikes. You can find two kinds of bikes like Prime and Pro-Line Bikes. Let’s analyze the detailed features of Havana, a prime line bike. It has a 4130 Chromyl frame, flip flop gearing hub, special handlebars with bill horn style, the fork has high tensile, straight blade and especially it has dual brakes.
- The brakes provide more excellent stability for both the front and rear, and so it offers a safe riding experience in the urban streets.
- Provides style and comfort at an affordable price
- The pedal is right for a quick start but doesn’t help much to raise top speed
- Still a quality bike that comes with pro features at low cost
#7. Pure Fix Original Fixed Gear Single Speed Bike:
- Stylish, lightweight and fast single-speed road bike great for both leisurely rides around the neighborhood and attacking city streets
- Flexible flip-flop rear hub lets you quickly change from fixed gear for a connected feel for the road to freewheel for coasting and cruising
- Durable, fully Tig-welded high tensile steel frame and fork is built to last; front alloy dual pivot brakes for quick stopping
- 40mm deep-dish wheels with Thickslick 700 x 28C tires for excellent control and contact with the road; drome saddle for a mix of comfort and style
- Bike ships 90% assembled; available in seven sizes; backed by manufacturer's warranty on frame and components
Pure fix original is a perfect combination of style, speed, and affordability. You can consider this as the best available option if you want to bring back your childhood riding experience and the excitement back. They are highly durable, has a high tensile frame in steel with the latest features of flip flop rear hub. You can either choose to ride the bike fixed or freewheeled. 44:16 gear ratio is best for city riding. It has an efficient chain performance that gives a smooth riding experience.
- Efficient sandals enable comfortable riding experience
- Has a standard front brake
- Hassle-free maintenance
- Looks bit flimsy
- They don’t stand firm amidst the wear and tear of the urban life
- Value for money bike but still required upgrade in feature for a luxurious riding experience
#8. Golden Cycles Single Speed Fixed Gear Brake:
- FRAME: High Tensile Steel Fully Tig-Welded FORK: 1-1/8" Steel Fork BRAKES: Front & Rear
- HEADSET: 1-1/8" Neco Headset HANDLEBAR: Alloy Custom Riser Bars
- CHAINRING CRANK: Alloy 46T BOTTOM BRACKET: Sealed Bearing 68mm
- WHEELS: 45mm Deep Alloy Rims HUBS: 32Hole Sealed Bearing Flip Flop Hub
- TIRES: 700c x 25 Kenda PEDALS: BMX Platform
If you are looking for a bike at an affordable price which has the necessary features to call it a quality bike; then this bike would satisfy both your budget and your riding expectations. The cost of this one is less than $200. When compared with other fixed gear bikes, it’s quite inexpensive with lot more notable features.
It’s a specialized bike that can match up all your daily urban ride. The most exciting thing about this kind of bikes is that they are available in 21 different colours and seven different sizes. It has a seamless typical fixie look with steel full body.
- Safe riding vehicle with alloy calliper brakes on both front and back
- Comfortable hand levers
- The pedal is quite thin, and it needs to be improvised
- Economical price but requires few more features to ride hills
#9. 6KU Urban Track Single Speed Bikes:
- 6061 double butted alloy smooth welding
- 32H F/R flip-flop hub for optional fixed or free wheel riding
- 1 1/8 inch alloy fork. 700 x 25C Kenda Tires and Novatec Flip-Flop hub
- 30mm deep V double wall alloy wheels with a flip-flop hub
- Easy removable front/rear brakes
6KU bikes are something you can pick without significant commitment. This bike will be best for both beginners and experts who would love to race. 6KU, being a reputable brand has come up to produce affordable and eco-friendly bikes that would serve right for the environment. Some of the key features include leather saddle, 6KU urban fixie brake system, 46T Crank, efficient Kenda tires that provide an improved grip. Brakes give you more excellent stability for the overall riding experience even in the mountains.
- Lightweight with aluminium frame
- Affordable price
- Best choice for both beginners and experts
- Also consists of a flip flop thong which allows you to rise either through
- Pedals are quite unsatisfactory
- Brakes may appear cheap and huge
#10. Critical Cycle’S Harper Fixed Gear Urban Commuter Bike:
If you are looking for a fixie; then, it is the best choice. It will satisfy all your artistic needs of riding a bicycle with an elegant outlook. This bike is best for urban riding. The most interesting feature about this bike is it’s a sleek and sophisticated design. This fixed gear bike comes in 6 sizes and is also available in 10 variant colours. This bike offers Pro-Max brakes. It consists of Pista handlebars. Moreover, the Pista saddle is best for city riding.
- Value for money bicycle with significant customizations at $200
- It comes with barspin clearance
- The tires are not up to the mark
- Highly affordable single speed bike but the tires wear out faster than the usual bikes
So far we have discussed the top 10 models with detailed specifications, features, price, pros, and cons. Every cycle has its specifications, but the common feature about all these cycles is their essential maintenance trait.
If you are not a big fan for geared cycles and happy with high-speed bikes; then, it’s time to ride your dream bike! Choose the bike that suits you and ride these cool bicycles with an adventurous streak. We want to remind you that all these fixies fall in between $100 and $900.
Why buying fixies is a better option than geared bikes?
Do you wonder the popularity of the fixies? Why have they suddenly got all the craze? Then it’s high time to realize that simplicity always wins and people turn towards their past and also love to bring them back.
Most of us have the experience of riding a fixie in our childhood days and then we got carried away with the gear bicycles that have a stylish look and comes with a lot more gear options and other specifications we have never heard before. Though these bikes became very trendy, they lacked the comfort that fixed gear bikes offered.
The most exciting features about fixies are that they come at highly affordable cost and you needn’t have to break your bank to buy one.
A Buyer’s Guide for Best Single Speed And Fixed Gear Bike
If you are wondering about fixies for a long time and still don’t have a clear answer for it? Now, we would love to explain to you about these bikes in a detailed manner that could help you out with your buying options. Nowadays, the word fixies are high on trend but what does it exactly mean? The critical feature you need to understand is that they are “fixed gear bicycle.”
These fixies are much like our early day’s tricycle that doesn’t come up with gear specifications. You will not find any gear or sprockets on the rear wheel of the vehicle. If you are not a great fan of the geared bikes, you can go for these fixies, that is the best option to ride the hills with its high-end specifications.
Consider single speed
These single speed bikes come with comfort and efficient riding that every fixie lover would enjoy. Better fixies provide with the flip – flop specification that has to do with the rear wheel. It will combine both of your wheels in one combined way, and that’s called a fixed gear.
You can call these bikes as single speed ones. It’s not precisely a fixie, but these features make it close to it. You will find most of the people crazy over buying a fixie; the main reason behind is all about its comfort, eloquence, and strength.
As the name implies, these bikes have one fixed gear than manages the complete working mechanism of the vehicle. It has chaining, sprocket, and a chain. These are the basic specifications you have to look for. It’s wise to realize that you don’t need more than chain features to ride these bikes. All the gear types of equipment are entirely unnecessary for add ons in these cycles.
These cycles have very few moving parts, with easy adjustment and maintenance features. They are simple and touch to stand against all the wear and tear of your daily life.
Fixed gear bikes have maximum power to offer a smooth ride without tiring you. It is the strength of fixed gear bikes. That’s the main reason why all track bikes are fixed gears. As trackers need a maximum toughness and maximum powers, these bikes serve the purpose right.
The pedalling process is very light; you will get excellent stability between yourself, the bike and the trail. It is easy to control; you can fly with your cycle and drastically slow down the speed effortlessly. The rate of the bikes is purely on the flip flop thongs and the risers bar that takes over the complete control over the vehicle.
Things To Check Before You Buy Your Single Speed Bikes
We would love to list you, five things you have to look for before you buy your first fixie. These tips will help you out even if you are a beginner or a tracker. These fixies are best for the urban rides and hills that could stand for the wear and tear of the daily riding lifestyle.
What we have discussed before is more like a checklist, just before choosing a single speed bike to search for these features.
They come with one gear ratio where it either has a fixed gear specification or a freewheel feature. Checking out the freewheel feature and its specifications is wise.
You will not find rear gears attached to the bicycle, and the high speed fixed gear will take care of the complete riding mechanism.
- Less Weight
These bikes are typically 1-2 pounds maximum. Though these bikes come with just a couple of pounds, it is essential to check out for the fixed gear stability and performance.
As you don’t have a significant number of features to look into, don’t forget to watch the pedals to the wheel, short chain length and the straight chain line. Though these specifications might not create a significant impact on short rides, they are essential for long trips.
If you are looking for a fixie for fitness ambitions, then look for high cadence bikes. They are best to take care of your lungs and heart.
Looking out for these specifications would help you to pick a quality bike that can fight against the ravages of time wisely.
Through this article, we have done a detailed analysis for buying the best single high speed and fixed gear bike. We would always love to bring you the latest updates. All the bikes we have dealt so far are the most recent modes available with a lot of colours, features, and specifications. More than just the models, going through the mechanism of the bike has been very interesting.
A clear understanding of the mechanism of the bike would give you a powerful feeling when you ride your fixie. This article also explains why buying a fixed gear is better than a geared bike. We believe the buying guide we have discussed so far would make your buying options easier and happier. We love to get to know more about your fixie riding experience. Tell us how far we have helped you with the decision making.
We would love to hear back. Let us know how the complete fixie buying experience went along. Let’s cherish together the excitement of bringing in a new bike into our life.