Best Kayak racks for Cars Reviews
1. Malone HandiRack Inflatable Universal Roof Top Rack
- Inflatable crossbars for carrying all types of gear and luggage; Makes a perfect kayak rack, canoe rooftop carrier, surfboard pads, SUP & paddleboard rack; Lightweight yet heavy-duty; Load capacity of 175lbs; Certified for use up to Highway Speeds
- Universal fit; Bare roof system; No side rails or gutters required; Fits Compact, Sedan, MPV, SUV, Crossover, 4x4, 2, 3, 4 or 5 door vehicles; Unsuitable for vehicles with soft-tops and curtain airbags; Should not be left on vehicle when not in use
- Easy to install and quick to fit soft rack; No tools required; Twin-bars secured by a pass-through cabin fitting strap; Strap then fastens in a heavy-duty cam buckle; To view the installation process, please watch the video; User Manual included
- Tested on many vehicle brands including: AUDI BMW BUICK CHEVROLET DODGE FORD HONDA HYUNDAI JEEP KIA MAZDA MERCEDES MITSUBISHI NISSAN SMART SUBARU SUZUKI TOYOTA VW; Please contact HandiWorld if you are unsure about the compatibility of your vehicle
- Includes 2 x HandiRack twin-tubes each with 5 D ring anchor points, 2 x 9.8ft tie-down HandiStraps, a high-volume HandiPump for inflating each bladder, instruction manual and a travel bag for easy storage; Bow and Stern lines are also included
- The straps can be set up quickly and don’t disturb any of the persons inside the car
- The rack is made from high-quality fabric and straps are designed properly
- Air chambers give solid cushion between car and your kayak
- It doesn’t work properly in rain, heat or under extreme pressure
- It’s hard to patch up any leaks if anything is punctured
2. Malone Downloader Universal J-Cradle Kayak Carrier
- J-style kayak carrier with built-in boarding ramp for easy loading
- Fold down technology increases overhead clearance. Compatible with the MPG351 Telos Load Assist
- Oversized padding protects boat during transport
- JAWZ mounting hardware fits round, square and most factory oval cross rails, includes both 60mm and 70mm pre-coated mounting bolts;Cam style load straps with buckle protectors
- Dimensions:Length: 17",Width: 6",Height: 19.5",Load capacity: 75 lb
- It doesn’t decay even if you keep it open for a long time
- Loops hold extra strap length in place
- Locking tabs work efficiently, and you will hear a sound when everything it’s just set
- The rack is built from a high-quality material
- It doesn’t fold in the hold, hence as soon as your kayak is on the top, you can fold it down
- You might have to use your tools to stiffen it for extra stability
- It makes noise sometimes in transport
3. Thule 830 Stacker Kayak Rack
- Fold-down steel design with non-scratch outer coating
- Quick on/off hardware ensures fast installation and removal amd
- Carries up to 4 recreational kayaks but includes all straps to transport 1 kayak
- Accommodates kayaks up to 36 in/90 cm wide and to weight capacity of 75 lbs/35 kg
- Requires Thule rack systems crossbars, round bars, or factory racks - see Buyer's Guide
- Doesn’t add extra noise or mess to the aerodynamics of the vehicle
- Frames come with an additional strap, hook, rope, bolt, and rachet for effective installation
- Quick to set up as well as remove. You can also keep it on the roof
- Straps included in the package aren’t of good quality, you might have to replace them
- You might have to add more foam to increase the friction
4. Malone SeaWing Saddle Universal Car Rack Kayak Carrier
- Low-profile kayak/cargo carrier with single saddle design
- Easy-to-set-up mid-point mounting takes up minimal roof space
- Flexes gently to cradle boat and improve gas mileage
- Jawz mounting hardware fits round, square, and most factory oval cross rails
- Measures 27 x 5 x 6 inches (W x H x D); supports up to 70 pounds
- Remains stable when you are driving and doesn’t have any effect on your driving
- Generates no noise whether you have kept a kayak in it or not
- It doesn’t create more wind resistance
- It can be installed easily by just one person
- Suitable to keep only narrow kayaks
- You have to loosen the straps when not in use to prevent it from any dents
5. Thule 898 Hullavator Pro Kayak Lift Assist Carrier
- If you are small, then you can handle it with ease and doesn’t need much effort
- Quick loading and unloading, making it simple for single, older or even smaller individuals
- Directions and instructional videos provide simple steps for installation
- Might not be stable when you are carrying it at highway speeds
- It is hard to put it together if you are small in height
6. Yakima Jaylow Kayak Rack
- Carry up to 2 kayaks: Fits 1 kayak in J-cradle position (up to 80 pounds) or 2 kayaks in a vertical, stacked position (up to 110 pounds combined)
- Fits most crossbars: Compatible with Yakima SteamLine and round, square, factory and aerodynamic crossbars; Minimum crossbar spread of 24"
- Includes straps: Includes all the necessary hardware and straps (Heavy-Duty Straps and Bow/Stern Tie-Downs) to secure your gear; SKS (Same Key System) locks sold separately
- Versatile design: Integrated cam lever allows you to adjust the upright position with ease; Rack also folds flat when you're not using it for better clearance and reduced drag
- Easy install: Comes fully assembled out of the box; Tool-free installation in about 10 minutes; Refer to Yakima Fit My Car Tool to ensure compatibility
- Over-moulded stainless steel trap to adjust a wide range of raised rail profiles
- Low maintenance and quick to set up
- Very good roof clearance to enable various kinds of Yakima gear amounts
- Bends down and locks in the down position for extra security – enabling you to leave the rack on your roof
- It is expensive
- Straps are made up of rubber instead of plastic or metal
- Locks are not included with the rack
7. Thule Dockgrip Kayak Saddle
- Boat Capacity: 1 SUP or kayak, up to 3ft wide, 85lbs
- Board Capacity: 1
- Compatibility: Thule AeroBlade, Thule SquareBar, Thule Xsporter Pro, round bars, and most factory racks due to T-Track and FlipFit brackets
- Part Number: 895
- Recommended Use: travel
- Protects the hull with big, adjustable, cushioned pads
- Can make your kayak safe using straps and car protective buckle bumpers
- Fits various types of Thule rack systems, round bars and the majority of factory-racks because of its t-rack and flip fit brackets
- Due to various features, it is sometimes difficult to load and unload the kayak
8. Malone Stax Pro2 Universal Car Rack
- Two-boat capacity, stacking kayak carrier system for use on round, square, and most factory oval cross bars
- Octagonal aluminum posts and injection molded nylon platforms for maximum stability
- Proprietary stacker blocks stabilize boats during tie down and cushion boats during transport
- System folds down when not in use for low clearance and fuel economy
- Universal Fit JAWZ Mounting Hardware; tool-free assembly; lifetime warranty
- Can carry 2 or more kayaks easily
- Folds down with ease when not in use
- Fits almost with all the style of crossbars
- Its foam padding ensures that the body is scratch free and bow and stern tie-downs make it secure to the rack
- Straps cannot hold the pressure properly; hence you have to replace them with ratcheting straps
- Can’t be used to hold kayaks horizontally, only on their size
9. TMS J-Bar HD Kayak Rack
- Steel design with adjustable padding for carrying strength and kayak protection
- Wide mouth J bar offers easier loading and unloading
- Quick on/off hardware ensures fast installation and removal
- Optimally sized J style carrier leaves roof space. Dimensions: 17.5" (L) × 12.5" (W) × 6.5" (H)
- Accommodates kayaks up to 36inch wide and 75lbs. Authentic TMS products contain vacuum sealed installation hardware. Authentic TMS products are shipped in labeled boxes with item description (as shown in picture).
- Steel design along with adjustable padding
- Quick to assemble and install, despite its highly tight
- Low cost
- Specially designed for round bars
- Straps quality is not up to the mark
- Mount hardware quality is poor
10. ECOTRIC J-Bar Universal Kayak Rack
- Cross Bars are thicker than 1" or wider than 2.5" will not be mounted properly,round or oval crossbar is not fit.please notice it
- Straps: 8' length Accommodates kayaks up to 36" wide Net.
- includes: 2 PAIRS (4 racks for 2 kayaks) + 4x Straps + Set of Mounting Hardware.
- Mounting Hardward Steel design with adjustable padding for carrying strength and kayak protection.
- Will fit most factory or aftermarket square and flat crossbars (OEM crossbars are within 2.5" wide and 1" thick).
- It fits the majority of factory or aftermarket square as well as flat crossbars
- Quick on/off software provides quick installation and removal
- Long lasting and rust-resistant hardware
- Holes for the bolts are not aligned properly due to which it takes more time for installation
- Hardware quality is not up to the mark
Factors to consider before selecting the Kayak roof racks for Car or SUVIt’s quite challenging to select a Kayak rack for Car or SUV as there are different types of kayak racks available in the market. Initially, you have to decide which frame fits your budget is and your car’s requirement.
What type of roof setup is present in your vehicle?Before choosing a kayak rack, you should have a clear idea about what type of roof setup you have. There are mainly four types:
- Bare/Naked Roof: In these kinds of roofs, inflatable or foam pads will work at its best. You have to use these pads as there is nothing present on the top of the car to keep your kayak.
- Factory Racks: Suppose you are going to transport multiple kayaks, please note that factory racks are not designed to bear a lot of weight. Here, carrying capacity mainly relies on the model of your car. You also have to be cautious while customizing when considering your loading options.
- Factory Cross Bars: Using Factory Settings, you will be able to keep one kayak without any issue. You can also replace it with cross-market crossbars without any trouble.
- Aftermarket Cross Bars: If you are looking for flexibility, then go with the aftermarket crossbars. It offers great flexibility and enables you to use robust solutions such as saddles and j-cradles. They increase your load capacity and can transport various kayaks.
How many kayaks will you take for kayaking?Indeed, the total number of kayak you carry matters a lot. If you are going to take one or two kayaks, then it’s okay. If you are going to take more, then stackers work at its best. However, make sure that it solely depends on your roof capacity and size of cross bars. In the case of narrow roofs, j-cradle works at its best. Driving More Distance: Temporary pads don’t work while driving long distances. Here, you require a highly-stable set up so that your kayak doesn’t fall heavily from the roof.
How many times do you want to go for kayaking?If you are doing kayaking very frequently, then you will spend a lot of time loading and unloading the kayak. Here, saddlers and rollers can help you to reduce the time. Also, j-cradle saves your time and using a proper system, you will have a lot of comfort. Loading Kayak alone: It’s better to invite your friend or a family member with you for kayaking, however, sometimes it’s okay to go solo. When you are alone, make sure that you can load and unload the kayak effectively. In this case, j-cradle, along with the rollers works at its best.
Different Kinds of Kayak Roof RacksThere are only some kayak roof racks available in the market. If you are a beginner, then you should know the difference between different types of kayaks. As of now, you can go with any of the kayaks from two significant kinds: temporary pads and roof racks.
- Temporary Pads
- Roof Racks
- Saddlers and Rollers
- Lift Assisted Carrier
ConclusionHere we complete our list of Best Kayak Rack for Cars Reviews. Before selecting a rack, you should consider all the factors which are listed above. If you are a beginner and want to start kayaking, then you can go with any of the racks listed above as per your needs. We hope that you like our list of Kayak Racks for Cars. Lastly, don’t forget to share it with your friends and followers.
Best Colloidal Silver Generator [Reviews & Buying Guide]
MigasReviews is supported by users. If you purchase through links on our blog, we may earn an affiliate commission. Colloidal...
10+ Mainstays Candles Reviews
MigasReviews is supported by users. If you purchase through links on our blog, we may earn an affiliate commission. Nothing...
Best Truck Bed Bike Racks 2020 – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
MigasReviews is supported by users. If you purchase through links on our blog, we may earn an affiliate commission. A...
Best Kayak Racks for Cars 2020 – Buyer’s Guide
MigasReviews is supported by users. If you purchase through links on our blog, we may earn an affiliate commission. Are...
Best Miter Saws 2020 – Reviews & Top Picks
MigasReviews is supported by users. If you purchase through links on our blog, we may earn an affiliate commission. Have...
Ways To Keep Your Refrigerator Clean & Organized
MigasReviews is supported by users. If you purchase through links on our blog, we may earn an affiliate commission. Cleaning...
Best Single Speed and Fixed Gear Bikes of 2020
MigasReviews is supported by users. If you purchase through links on our blog, we may earn an affiliate commission. Do...