Buyer’s Guide to buy Cappuccino-MakerBefore, moving on to the product list, let us first walk you through the guide of buying the best cappuccino machine. As already mentioned earlier, you need to look into a number of important things before buying a cappuccino machine. To help you out, we have listed all the important factors that you need to look for in a cappuccino machine.
Types of Cappuccino MachineBefore buying the best cappuccino machine you need to first know the types available in the market. It will help you to decide which type suits your need the best. Speaking of which, there are mainly three types of cappuccino makers out there, which include:
- Semi-automatic and
Pod Cappuccino Makers:This type of cappuccino maker is ideal for people who want their machines to be low maintenance. Apart from that, a pod cappuccino maker is also easy to clean. All you need to do is pop the ingredients in the machine, press the start button and you are all set. The main advantage of using this type of cappuccino machine is consistency. Each of the shots made by a pod cappuccino machine is similar in taste. In addition, you don’t even have to be bothered to clean up the machine. However, these cappuccino makers do come with a problem. You can only use the proprietary coffee pods with this type of machine.
Semi-Automatic Cappuccino Makers:If you wish to make the style of coffee that is found in cafes, you can surely go for a semi-automatic cappuccino maker. With the help of this cappuccino machine, you can make Barista style coffee anytime you want. These are the cappuccino makers that are used by the coffee geeks. With a semi-automatic cappuccino machine, you need to make your coffee manually. This includes steaming the milk, grinding the coffee beans and extracting the espresso. What sets the semi-automatic cappuccino machines apart is their quality build and boiler systems. The more expensive machine you buy the better espresso you get. However, you need to make sure that you use it with a good quality coffee grinder or else you won’t get the desired results. There is no doubt that semi-automatic cappuccino machines make the best quality coffee. However, it has a longer learning period. If you are willing to put in an effort to learn to make coffee with a semi-automatic cappuccino machine you can very well go for it.
Super automatic cappuccino makers:The third type is the super automatic cappuccino maker. This is perhaps the most expensive type of cappuccino maker available out there. Given the features of a super automatic cappuccino maker, it’s high price tag is totally justified. This type of cappuccino makers are known to combine the freshness produced by a semi-automatic cappuccino machine and the convenience of a pod. It is because of this reason that many users prefer to go for a super automatic cappuccino maker over any other type. One of the biggest advantages of using a super automatic cappuccino machine is that the entire coffee making process is automated. The more expensive machine you buy, the more automation you usually get. This includes grinding your coffee beans, frothing the milk and extracting the espresso. You can also pour the drink with just one button press. So, these are the three types of home cappuccino machines you can go for. Now that you know the functioning of each of the type, it should be easier for you to decide which one suits you need the best.
BudgetOther than knowing the types of cappuccino makers, you also need to consider your budget before you set out to buy one. In fact, the budget is one of the most important considerations that you need to look into. It is obvious that we all want the best value for money. Cappuccino makers are available in different price ranges. The price range of cappuccino makers may fluctuate from $100 to $2,000. In fact, there are cappuccino makers that are even more expensive than $2,000. However, search for expensive cappuccino makers are mainly meant for the producer market. There are a number of factors that determine the price tag of a Cappuccino maker. This includes technical features, the build quality, and the boiler type. Therefore you need to fix a budget and decide the things you need in your cappuccino maker. If you are looking for the cheapest cappuccino makers you can easily go for a pod. Under the mid-range budget, you can avail the semi-automatic cappuccino makers. The most expensive ones are the super automatic cappuccino makers. Moreover, you can be smart and choose a machine that makes use of both stainless steel and plastic. This type of cappuccino makers is known to be less expensive. Before you decide on your budget, you need to determine a few things like how much coffee do you need in a day, how much automation are you looking for and whether you want a dual boiler machine or not. This will help you to set the right budget for your cappuccino maker.
Boiler typeThe next important thing to look into is the boiler type of the machine. This is one of the major features that influences the price tag of a Cappuccino maker. This is mainly because a high-quality boiler is known to give you better performance, temperature stability, and speed. There are three main types of boilers used in a Cappuccino machine – a single boiler, single boiler heat exchange and dual boiler.
Single boiler:Entry level cappuccino makers are the ones that make use of a single boiler. Since there is only one boiler in the machine, you cannot extract espresso or steam milk with this machine. Instead, you need to switch a lever between the two different modes. The main problem with a single boiler cappuccino machine is that it is time-consuming. You need to wait for the boiler to heat up so that you can steam your milk and then again wait for the boiler to cool down so that you can extract the espresso. This also affects the heat stability of the machine.
Single boiler heat exchange:Heat exchange boilers are basically single boilers that have been modified. This type of boilers and known to make use of a thermal block mechanism in order to heat the water. There are two thermal blocks in a heat exchanger boiler. Both the thermal blocks work simultaneously to steam and extract espresso. Cappuccino makers with heat exchange boilers usually come with a mid-range price tag.
Double boiler:Cappuccino machines that are equipped with two boilers and the most expensive ones in the market. In this type of cappuccino maker, one boiler is meant for steaming while the other one is meant for extracting the espresso. Using a double boiler cappuccino machine can provide you with a lot of benefits including speed, temperature control, and pressure output. With the help of double boilers, you can get the perfect pressure output to extract the espresso and instant steam to prepare your latte.
Build qualityThe build quality of a Cappuccino machine is also important. The more money you spend, the better build quality you usually get. Cappuccino makers are available with aluminum, plastic and stainless steel exteriors. Entry level cappuccino machines are usually made with hard plastic, whereas, mid-range cappuccino makers are made with a combination of different materials and as expected, high-end cappuccino makers are crafted with stainless steel. So, these are some of the very important pointers that you need to look into before buying a cappuccino machine. Now that you already know the things that you need to consider, let’s move on to the list of the best cappuccino makers.
6 Best Cappuccino Makers for HomeThis list consists of cappuccino makers of all price range. From entry-level to mid-range to expensive, we have covered all types of cappuccino makers in our list. Here, take a look at our list of the best cappuccino makers.
#1 Nespresso Citiz Milk Frother Combo:
Nespresso Citiz C111 Espresso Maker with Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother, Chrome
- Includes Aeroccino Plus milk frother, rapid one touch preparation of hot or cold milk froth for Cappuccino, Latte and Iced Cappuccino
- Easy insertion and ejection of capsules; Holds 10 used capsules; Removable 34-ounce water tank; For use with Nespresso coffee capsules only
- Compact brewing unit technology; Fast preheating time: 25 seconds; 19 Bar high pressure pump; Automatic power off after 9 minutes of inactivity
- Automatic and programmable coffee volume quantity (Espresso and Lungo); Items sold separately valued at 348
- Pivoting cup tray accommodates tall recipe glasses
- Easy to use
- High-performance pump
- User-friendly features
- Excellent heat control system
- Directions to use are not clearly stated
#2 Mr. Coffee Cappuccino Maker:
Mr. Coffee Espresso and Cappuccino Maker | Café Barista , Silver
- Semi automatic 3 in 1 espresso maker, cappuccino maker, and latte maker
- 15 bar pump system brews rich tasting espresso coffee
- Trouble free automatic milk frother removes the guesswork
- One touch control panel for drink selections
- Easy fill, removable water and milk reservoirs
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- 15 bar pump system
- One-touch control panel
- Automatically froths milk
- Flaw in design
#3 Delonghi 15 Bar Cappuccino Maker:
De'Longhi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker
- Use convenient pods or ground coffee with the patented dual function filter holder. It makes espresso preparation simple and fast
- Easily prepares latte and cappuccino with the swivel jet frother, for perfect drinks every time.Rated voltage/Frequency (V~Hz)-120~60
- Eliminate annoying start-up preparation with the self-priming operation. On/off switch
- Always brew espresso at the perfect temperature with two separate thermostats, which allow for water and steam pressure to be controlled separately
- Enjoy delicious espresso for years to come with the durable, high-quality stainless steel boiler and 15 bar pump pressure. NOTE: Refer user manual before use.MAXIMUM CUP HEIGHT:66 cm
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- 15 bars pressure
- Convenient water tank
- Compact and sleek design
- Gives frothy and creamy drinks
- Not long lasting
#4. Nespresso Lattissima Pro Cappuccino Maker:
De'Longhi America, Inc. EN750MB Lattissima Pro Original Espresso Machine with Milk Frother by De'Longhi, 10.8" L x 7.6" W x 13" H, Brushed Aluminum
- IT'S ALL ABOUT THE FOAM: The De'Longhi Automatic Cappuccino System creates perfectly layered espresso beverages, with dense, rich, long-lasting foam in every cup from start to finish.
- NESPRESSO CAPSULE SYSTEM: The ultimate convenience. The recyclable aluminum capsules contain the finest espressos for authentic taste without measuring or cleanup. Anodized aluminum exterior components
- BRINGS OUT MORE FLAVOR: De'Longhi's patented espresso extraction system creates the ideal flow of water with 19 bars of pressure - the ultimate amount for drawing the most flavor and desired temperature in each cup.
- THE PERFECT AMOUNT OF MILK: During the extraction process, the integrated carafe dispenses milk in adjustable levels for taste. Simply remove from the unit to keep freshly refrigerated. The unit is also designed so no milk comes in contact with the machine - and is dishwasher safe.Water container capacity (oz):44 oz (1.3L)
- RAPID HEAT-UP TIME: No need to wait for a delicious espresso. The Thermoblock heating system speeds cold-start heating time to seconds..Used capsule container:15 capsules
- Integrated pod extraction and milk frothing systems
- 19 bars pressure
- Digital touch menu
- Rapid heating system
- Large capacity water tank
- Easy to use
- Milk frother is not good
#5 Breville Barista Express:
Breville the Barista Express Espresso Machine, BES870XL
- Dose control grinding: integrated conical burr grinder grinds on demand to deliver the right amount of freshly ground Coffee directly into the portafilter for your preferred taste with any roast of bean
- Precise espresso extraction: digital temperature control (PID) delivers water at precisely the right temperature, ensuring optimal Espresso extraction
- Micro foam milk texturing: the steam wand performance allows you to hand texture micro foam milk that enhances flavor and enables creation of latte art
- Grind size dial: simple and intuitive, giving you control over the grind size no matter what type of bean you're grinding
- Hands free operation: innovative grinding cradle allows any at home Barista to grind directly into the espresso port filter
- 360 degree swivel action steam wand
- Provides consistency
- Comes with a coffee grinder
- Loads of features
- Grinder issues
#6 Delonghi Magnifica XS:
DeLonghi ECAM22110SB Compact Automatic Cappuccino, Latte and Espresso Machine
- This compact machine has a professional burr grinder with 13 adjustable settings grinds fresh beans every time to ensure maximum freshness. You can also use pre-ground in the second chamber. Your choice of regular, specialty or decaf.
- The adjustable manual cappuccino system mixes steam and milk to create the thickest, longest-lasting foam for your cappuccino. And it's easy to adjust the levels to prepare a creamy latte, macchiato or flat white. Height adjustable Coffee spout
- Simply adjust the menu settings for temperature, coffee strength and cup size according to your preferences. The machine takes care of the rest.
- Maintenance: de'longhi machines require half the cleaning time of other brands, unlike competitor machines, which require chemical cleaning tablets monthly.
- Warranties may not apply to purchases from an unauthorized retailer.
- Easy to use control panel
- Easy to clean
- Consistent performance