Looking for a cool birthday present for your little one? Or just want to buy something cool for your kid? What better thing to do than to buy a hoverboard for them! But do you not know really much about hoverboards and are confused about what to look for in a hoverboard before buying one for your kid? Well fret not, for here is the list of the Best Hoverboards for kids and the factors that we have used, and so should you, to determine which hoverboards are the best hoverboards in 2019.
What is a hoverboard?
Hoverboards, sometimes commonly called self-balancing scooter, is a self-propelled device that looks like a lateral skateboard which is situated between two wheels, which in turn are powered by batteries. The Hoverboard, unlike what the name suggest, doesn’t actually hover off of the ground. So there goes our hopes of “Back to the Future” style flying skateboards! Hoverboards have a few essential equipment that lets them work the way that they do. These parts are the gyroscope, which adjusts the tilt, microprocessors, which regulates the power, a motor and the batteries.
These components work in conjunction to make the hoverboard stay upright and move at a controlled speed. Most hoverboards can reach speeds of up to 6 to 10 miles per hour but some speedy versions can reach up to 12 miles per hour as well. Before you buy a Hoverboard, do consult your local laws to make sure that they are legal in your jurisdiction. Places like New York City have completely banned the use of hoverboards while in other states, age restrictions have been placed for their use. While laws differ in other countries, a lot of countries have introduced legislation on hoverboards, so make sure to consult your local laws before buying one for your kid.
Factors to Keep in Mind
Before you choose which hoverboard to buy for your child, you should keep these few factors in mind. These are some important, basic features that you need to look for in each and every hoverboard that you are even considering for purchase. These factors don’t necessarily make a hoverboard one of the best in the market but are the minimum standards that need to be there in any hoverboard that you’re looking to purchase for your kid.
Recently there has been some news about hoverboards catching on fire while being used. The very first thing you need to look for in your hoverboard is to make sure that it is safe and not at a risk of such incidences. For this reason, only buy a hoverboard which has the UL 2771/2772 certification. A hoverboard with those certificates has meet safety regulations and has protections against overheating and battery combustion. Also make sure that your kid wears proper safety gear while riding their hoverboard. Hoverboards can hit decent speeds and injuries should always be avoided.
Most hoverboards and self-balancing scooters have the minimum age requirement is 8. While it is possible that a 6 year old be able to ride a hoverboard without any issue, it will be mostly based on how dextrous the user is. But even then it is recommended that you don’t let your kids use any hoverboards, especially if they are younger than 8, unsupervised.
This factor is hard to look for, especially if you’re shopping online. The best advice in this regard would be to restrict yourself to known and reputed manufacturers of hoverboards like Segway, Tomoloo, Swagtron and Razor. Also look out for customer comments and reviews if you’re buying online. If the hoverboard has the UL 2771/2772 certifications then it should be has a good quality build in general but it never hurts to be sure.
These 3 factors are the factors that you should always be keeping in mind while looking to shop for hoverboards for your children. However, you also need to see if the hoverboards have these other essential features that will help you choose which hoverboard is the best according to your preferences and your own defined budget.
The features to look for in a hoverboard
The most important factor for a hoverboard that you would be purchasing for your little one will be the hoverboard’s weight. You should be looking for a lightweight hoverboard that your kid would be able to carry on their own and will not get tired by carrying it around. A lighter hoverboard will also be easier to handle and manoeuvre for a young child. Also, while most manufacturers have a specific maximum weight limit for most hoverboards, there isn’t always a minimum weight that has been specified but try to keep a lookout for maximum and minimum loads for your hoverboards.
Most hoverboards are notoriously inefficient when it comes to how much time and distance they can run on a single charge and how long it takes for one hoverboard to charge completely. Try to look for hoverboards which can at least give 10-12 miles with each full charge of the hoverboard. Also the best hoverboards should be fully charged within 3-4 hours. Keep in mind that you shouldn’t be charging your hoverboard overnight as that could lead to development of faults in the electrical system and batteries of the hoverboard.
Consider how much money you’re willing to put down for the hoverboard you’re going to buy. Prices vary greatly from model to model, and manufacturer to manufacturer. However, we would suggest that again, you look for hoverboards from trusted and reputed manufacturers.
If you are looking for a hoverboard that your kid will be using outdoors then it is best that you look for a hoverboard which has rubber tires. If you’re looking for a hoverboard mostly being intended to be used indoors then look for hoverboards with plastic tires since they don’t need that much grip indoors. Also look for hoverboards which have 6.5” tires since those will be easier for your child to manoeuvre and handle. Bigger tires are usually better if the hoverboard is going to be used outdoors.
Always note any additional features that will come with your hoverboard. Additional features like being water resistant or auto balancing features will put that particular hoverboard over other hoverboards which does not provide similar features.
With that we come to the end of the factors and features that you need to look for while deciding which hoverboard is the best hoverboard for you and your kid. However in order to save your time and effort, we have made a list of 10 hoverboards which are the best hoverboards in 2019 that you can buy for your kid. And without further ado, here is our list of the best hoverboards in the market.
Best hoverboards for Kids in 2019
#1 SEGWAY MiniPRO Smart
- Features 10.5" pneumatic air-filled tires, durable aircraft-grade magnesium alloy frame, mobile app controls, and customizable LED lights.
- For your safety, the miniPRO will limit the max speed to 4.3 mph (7 km/h) until you complete the New Rider Tutorial. The battery should never be removed from the unit and should never be stored or exposed to temperatures below 15°F or above 120°F.
- Designed for ages 16 and up. Max load of 220 lbs.
- Charge time of 4 hours. 10 mph top speed and 12.5 mile range. Max climbing angle of 15°.
Segway is the market leader and the most reputed name when it comes to any kind of hoverboards in the market. The miniPro might be one of the best hoverboards in the market, and not just for kids. It comes loaded with features that make it easier to ride and use. It is UL 2272 certified and comes with other features that make it safe to ride for any kids. It also comes with a 1 year warranty.
The first 0.6 miles are in beginner mode, which switches off after that distance is covered. It comes along with an app that connects to the miniPro through Bluetooth and has an anti-theft feature to protect your child’s hoverboard while they’ve left it alone. The app also has speed control features which lets you control the maximum speed of the hoverboard through the app. You can also adjust the headlight and LED taillights, run vehicle diagnostic searches and command your miniPro to even move remotely with the help of the app.
The battery is lithium ion and usually gives around 12.5 miles on a full charge. It is well suited to run over most terrains and small and medium sized obstacles. The batteries can handle around 1500 charging cycles before its quality starts to deteriorate and you’ll need to buy a replacement for it. However, do keep a note that the lithium ion battery won’t be allowed on flights due to them being fire hazard. Most of all the parts on the MiniPro are replaceable, so you will not be having any problems if some part does go bad.
The MiniPro can reach up to speeds of 10 mph and has a range of 12.5 mile on a single charge. This obviously can change depending the terrain surface that is being used on. With more difficult terrain using up more battery power than smoother terrain by comparison. There is some slight dependence of the amount of battery being used on the weight of the user as well.
It also comes with additional features like the adjustable knee control bar which lets your child manoeuvre the hoverboard easier than any other hoverboard. The knee control bar is padded and its height can be adjusted to ensure that everyone can ride this hoverboard comfortably.
It is very easy to carry due to its lightweight and portable nature. The knee control bar is detachable to make it easier to fit the hoverboard in smaller spaces. Finally, its auto-braking feature prevents you from crossing over the maximum speed and will make sure the hoverboard tilts backward to prevent the rider from leaning too far forward, especially on inclines, and falling off.
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Auto-braking feature ensure riders’ safety at high speeds and incline
- Comfortable knee control bar to manoeuvre
- Easily replaceable parts
- Adjustable LED taillights and headlights
- App connected
- Anti-theft system
- Range is lower than previous years’ models
- Auto-braking might be unintuitive for experienced riders
- Knee-control bar takes time to get used to
#2 Swagtron Swagboard Vibe T580
- Change modes, access map function, check batteries & play music during rides via the app & speakers
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE -Race up to 7.5 mph and climb inclines of up to 30 Degree with the electric smart hoverboard's 200W dual motors
- FOR ALL RIDERS -Using 3 modes, this sport hoverboard travels up to 8 miles per charge & carries riders between 44 -220 lbs
- TACKLES ALL ADVENTURES -UL-approved materials & 6.5" hard rubber tires deliver increased durability and ensure smooth rides. Speed - 7.5 mph
- SAFETY CERTIFIED -The UL certified hoverboard has passed strict electrical and safety test to ensure customer peace of mind
This 20 lbs lightweight hoverboard can support riders between the weights of 44-220 lbs reach speeds upto 7.5 mph and ride upto a distance of 8 miles on a single charge. It has 3 different riding modes and various other features. One of its riding modes is a beginner mode, making it a great choice for novice riders and especially for kids who are just starting to learn how to ride hoverboards.
The T580 is fitted with 6.5” rubber tires, to provide it with superior grip and comfort. Even allowing it to be ridden at a 30% incline. The design is lightweight, weighing in at just 20 lbs, which is suitable for kids carrying their hoverboard around. It is made out of durable, ultra-sturdy casing and has a splash proof design. Making it an ideal choice for outdoor use.
Like all other hoverboards on this list, the T580 is also UL certified, so there is no risk of having electrical problems or catching on fire. It also comes with an incombustible casing, and Swagtron’s Smart Battery Management and SentryShield technology, making it even safer.
The T580 comes with two integrated LED lights which lets you instantly check the battery and internal system of the hoverboard. It can also be connected to a Bluetooth app while riding. Through the app, you can check the speed, battery life, the riding mode, and a map function as well. It also comes with speakers that you can play music on through the app.
- 3 riding modes, for beginner, intermediate and advanced users
- Lightweight and sturdy design
- Incombustible case, along with Smart Battery Management and SentryShield technology for safer experience
- Max speed of 7.5 mph is well suited for children
- 6.5” sturdy rubber tires, splash proof design and capable of riding up 30% inclines
- Connected with Bluetooth app and has inbuilt speakers
- Short range might be limiting
- Long charging times
- 3rd party warranty being offered might not properly cover the product
- 7.5 mph might seem slow for experienced riders
#3 Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Hoverboard
- The world's smartest self-balancing electric scooter, made by Razor, the trusted global leader in electric recreational products
- UL 2272 certified, ensuring that the patented Razor Hovertrax 2.0 meets the industry’s highest electrical safety standards
- Cruising speed of 8+ mph with silent 350-watt motors and a run-time of up to 60 minutes of continuous use for riders up to 220 lbs
- Easy, quick-change 36V lithium ion battery pack made with authentic LG cells, so you can always extend your ride
- Built with Razor’s exclusive EverBalance technology, which automatically levels the Hovertrax 2.0 for an easier mount and extremely smooth ride
Made by Razor, one of the most reputed names in the hoverboard market, the Hovertrax 2.0 comes fitted with Razor’s exclusive EverBalance techonology which makes the hoverboard easier to mount and smooth to ride.
The Hovertrax 2.0 comes fitted with the 350-watt dual hub motors, which are incredibly quiet. These powerful motors help the Hovertrax to quickly reach speeds of up to 8 mph and gives a range of around 8 miles on a single charge of the hoverboard. However the battery packs can be replaced on the go to extend the duration and range further. The powerful motor allows the hoverboard to easily climb inclines.
The Hovertrax 2.0 now features two new riding modes for training and normal use, making it easier for your child to pick up learn to get their balance on the hoverboard. However, with Razor’s EverBalance technology, the board will automatically level out as soon as you start it up. It is one of the best hoverboards to mount and ride smoothly and safely for novices.
The Hovertrax was the first hoverboard in the United States to receive the UL2272 certification and the Hovertrax 2.0 has the same pedigree. It is also fitted with a shatter resistant polymer frame with bumper protection for the hoverboard’s fender. It also has anti-slip rubber foot platforms and has a maximum load of 220 lbs.
It also is fitted with two LED bar lights and an LED battery-life monitor now.
- Easy to mount and superior smooth rides
- Powerful but silent motors
- Replaceable battery packs to extend the duration of the ride on the go
- Shatter resistant frame
- Maximum speed of 8 mph is well suited for younger kids
- Two riding modes, one for training and the other for normal use
- Limited range might be dampener
- No Bluetooth connected app
- Low ground clearance might mean it is not best for outdoor use
#4 Skque X1
- UL CERTIFIED BATTERY SAFETY - UL 2272 Certified Skque Hoverboard / Self Balancing Scooter pass all UL safety regulations, making sure your hoverboard is 100% safe for you and your family. Max Load: 120 KG (264 LB); 6.5'' hoverboard with bluetooth hoverboard with led lights self balancing electric scooter hoverboard smart two-wheel self balancing electric scooter hoverboard ul certified.
- UPGRADE IN & OUT - improved motherboard with professionally tuned gyro sensors offer you the smoothest ride; stronger shell plus enhanced chassis provide unmatched product durability. Hoverboard bluetooth led lights black smart balancing scooters ul2272 certified hoverboard balance car self balancing scooter with led electric scooters for kids smart two wheels self balancing electric scooters hover board.
- MUSIC IS ON- Built-in wireless Bluetooth speaker (only equipped in Bluetooth models) lets you link up your board with your cell phone. Now you can cruise along while listening to your favorite music. Adult hoverboard personal transporter with speaker hoverboard scooter kids scooter boards for adults hover self-balance board hoverboard with charger self balancing scooter skque.
- SAFER RIDES AT NIGHT - Ride at night and be seen with the build-in bright LED Lights with class. Travel in style, sure to be a head turner wherever you go. Self balancing scooter ul2272 hoverboard scooter cheap smartest electric scooter bluetooth hoverboard cheap hoverboard bluetooth speaker led lights hover board skque.
- WARRANTY - 1 year limited warranty that covers parts and labor. Balance electric scooter wheel self balancing scooter electric adult scooter smart scooter adult electric scooter hover board for kids a hoverboard cheap electric scooter kids hoverboards motorized scooter hoverboard electric hoverboard bluetooth led lights hoverboard with speakers.
The X1 comes in 3 different sizes, depending on your preferences, the sizes being 6.5”, 8” and 10”. The different sizes have different prices and function differently to each other. However, all of the 3 size varieties have the same essential features to the X1.
The X1 is fitted with an improved motherboard and a fine tuned gyroscope that is calibrated professionally. This powerful and intricate new gyroscope and motherboard system provide a super smooth riding experience. A consequence of this improved gyroscope is that the turning radius of the hoverboard can be zero, making it very easy to use in narrow and tight spaces. This also lets you turn around 360 degrees while standing in the same spot. The auto-balancing feature powers up as soon as you put a single foot on the hoverboard, making it easier to ride.
Its powerful two driver motors of 350W each, power each side of the hoverboard separately which provides easier turning and rotation, smoother acceleration and breaking, and in general a better sense of manoeuvrability. Along with the powerful motors, the X1 also has 42000mAh battery which provides a maximum range of nearly 12 miles in ideal circumstance and helps the X1 reach speeds up to 7.45 mph. The battery in the X1 also charges up fast, only taking one to two hours to completely charge up, which lets your kids enjoy their hoverboard after just a couple of hours of charging up to do.
The different sizes of wheels allow you to choose your hoverboard according to your experience level (lower the board is to the ground, easier it is to balance) and the kind of terrain you’re thinking of using it on. It also is UL2272 certified and can take a maximum load of 264 lbs, much more than most of its competition on the market currently.
It also comes with built in wireless Bluetooth speakers in its Bluetooth models, letting your child play their favourite tunes as the ride on their hoverboard. Another thing, the X1 is fitted with bright and stylish LED lights, providing the rider with some light and letting others easily see and notice the rider at night.
- Fast charging times for battery leads to less downtime
- Can handle weight up to 264 lbs
- Professionally tuned gyroscope provides smoother rides
- Zero turning radius
- Bluetooth speakers
- No app control
- No extra safety features
- Max speed of 7.45 mph is not going to satisfy experienced riders
- No separate mode for training
#5 Veeko Hoverboard
- Hover board has Ul2722 certification for this product as assurance that this does not overheat, spark, smoke, catch fire, etc.
- Maneuverable hoverboard, you can ride forward, backwards, and in circles. operation is very intelligent and responsive.smooth ride.
- Super durable board that can go max 10 km/h fast and has Bluetooth connectivity. 2-4 hours full charge you can ride 8-11km distance.
- Cool aluminum alloy wheels, 6.5in big rims, lights, blinkers, and a sleek design. the board is very good for children, teens and adults.
- 12 month warranty, professional US local technology and customer service team. you can choose email:firstname.lastname@example.org.Tel:888 731-6789.
The Veeko hoverboard comes with 250W dual motors that powers it 6.5” aluminium rubber tire wheels. Its premium quality lithium ion battery pack, 700W in total, will let your children enjoy their new hoverboard for hours and hours on end.
The Veeko’s minimum and maximum specified weights are 44lbs and 225lbs respectively. With the help of its 250W dual motors, it reaches speeds up to 9.6 mph and can have a maximum range of 9 miles. Of course, the speed and range do depend on the type of surface that the hoverboard is being used on, with rougher terrain consuming more power than smoother terrain. Though with its sturdy 6.5” tires, it should have no problem being ridden outdoors. It can also climb up slopes which are up to 15 degrees in incline.
The Veeko is outfitted with a professional gyroscope, acceleration sensor, and a servo-control system. All these working together ensures that the Veeko offers your kid with one of the best and smoothest ride that a hoverboard can offer. The hoverboard also comes with non-slip foot pedals to ensure that your kid doesn’t fall off due to loss of grip.
The Veeko is also UL2272 certified. It has been tested to ensure that things like over voltage, temperature increase, batteries overcharging, over current, and short circuits don’t occur in the product, letting you have peace of mind when it comes to the safety of your child. The chasee itself is scratch resistant and covered with a fire retardant shell for even more enhanced safety.
Finally, it comes with a Bluetooth speaker that lets your kid enjoy their favourite songs as they ride around the neighbourhood with their friends. The Veeko also has LED lights at its back which function similar to car signals, indicating when you’re about to start, stop or turn in a particular direction. There are also two LED strips on the board to let you observe the battery level, the volume of the speakers and the board’s health status.
- Decent maximum speed of 9.6 mph
- Professional gyroscope, acceleration sensor, and a servo-control system all work together to offer a smooth ride
- Bluetooth speakers
- Functional LED lighting
- 1 year warranty
- Weighs just 20 lbs, perfect for most kids
- Charging times are said to be long
- No app control
- No training mode for novices
#6 Gotrax SRX Hoverboard
- 400 WATTS & 36V Battery - power the SRX up to 7mph for a distance of 5 miles
- BLUETOOTH SPEAKERS - Listen to music safely as you ride your self balancing hoverboard
- SELF BALANCING MODE - This hoverboard uses a gyroscope to keep the foot pedals level with or without a rider making it easier to ride, step on/off
- LED LIGHTING - Features color LED lights in the wheels and two LED headlights
- ELECTRICAL SAFETY CERTIFIED - Electrical, battery, and charger systems tested & certified to UL 2272 safety standards.
The Gotrax SRX is one of the best hoverboards when you’re looking to buy a hoverboard for a beginner or novice. Each SRX is operated by a 36V battery that powers its 200W dual motors for optimal performance.
With its maximum speed of 7mph and a range of 5 miles, it’s a perfect hoverboard for younger children or beginners and novices. The hoverboard’s gyroscope functions in such a way that the foot pedals always automatically level out with or without a rider on it, making it much easier for dismounting and mounting purposes, which a lot of beginners and novices have trouble with.
The SRX has got its electrical, battery and charger system rigorously tested to ensure that it earned its UL 2272 safety standards certifications. So no risk of undue electrical hazards and giving you peace of mind in that regard.
The SRX also has vivid LED strips in each of its wheels for added style points and illuminations and also provides two LED headlights for riding in dimly light situations and places. The Gotrax hoverboard also features a Bluetooth speaker that you can connect with your phone or any other playback device and play music as you ride along to your tunes.
- Great for beginners, novices and young kids
- Auto-balance feature makes it easy to ride, mount and dismount
- 7 mph is a great maximum speed for beginners, novices and young kids as they learn to ride
- Bluetooth speaker provides great quality sound
- No dedicated training or normal mode means that speed is stuck at 7 mph
- Range is not the best when riders get more experience with riding hoverboards
- No app connection
#7 LAMBORGHINI Hoverboard
- Hoverboard designed for the ultimate drive: Lamborghini board have enough power to take a short-distance trip and non-slip footpad to ride steadily. More stable ride and more fun, plus the truly stunning led design, the best in its class
- Comprehensive Safety and Security: Every hover board is designed and built to provide world-class levels of safety and security, a top priority for Lamborghini. UL 2272 tested and Strictest Production Process, hundreds of thousands of tests regarding safety regulations.
- 6.5" high-quality rubber racing tires, non-slip and shock-absorbing pedals, can travel through mud, grass, rain, and even gravel in safety. You'll feel safe no matter what sort of road you're on. Weight-bearing ranges from 33lbs to 165 lbs.
- Balance Scooter With Built-In Bluetooth Speaker: For true audiophiles, there is no equal.Outstanding sound quality, great looks, and easy connectivity.
- Dream gift: The hoverboard is only needed 3 minutes for everyone to learn. This hoverboard should be a great choice as a birthday or Christmas gift for everyone with a unique experience. Especially for outside sporting enthusiasts, this hoverboard with diverse features would be the dream gift for them.
This stylish and cool hoverboard from Lamborghini, will make your kid be the centre of envious attention from all of their friends. Especially when the turn on the hoverboard and can hear the sound of a Lamborghini engine revving up from the speakers.
The Hoverboard is powered by 2 x 200W motors to give it sufficient power and speed. The chasee itself is a uni-body design with integrated smart sensors that increase the stability and improve handling for the rider.
With 6.5” durable, rugged tires, the hoverboard can take loads up to 165 lbs while reaching max speeds of 6.5 mph with a range of around 10 miles. Its rugged tires and good ground clearance allow it to be used outdoors safely. The wheels themselves are made out of good quality solid metal, giving more support to the tires for riding in rough terrain.
It features three different modes, Beginner (Strada), Normal (Sport), and Advanced (Corsa), allowing you to tailor the riding experience of the hoverboard according to your own capabilities. All of the settings can be set and accessed through the connected app.
The hoverboard also possesses incredible speakers, which are responsible for the revving sound of the hoverboard, making it seem like that you’re riding an actual Lamborghini. The speakers can be connected to through Bluetooth and also play whatever music you’d love to through them. You can also control the hoverboard via the mobile app itself.
The hoverboard is also fitted with incredibly powerful LED headlights and taillights to let others see you, while you ride at night and also illuminating the way forward for you. And as always in this list, the hoverboard is UL 2272 certified.
- Increased stability and manoeuvrability courtesy of integrated smart sensors
- Durable, all terrain 6.5” tires for outdoor and indoor use
- Three different modes to ride at your comfort level and pace
- Incredible speakers that mimic the sound of an actual Lamborghini engine
- Powerful LED light and stylish design
- Fully functional app connectivity
- Good battery life of 2 hours or more
- Max speed of 6.5 mph leaves a lot to be desired even if the hoverboard is for kids
- Maximum weight limit is quite low in comparison to other hoverboards
- Motors are much weaker in comparison to most other hoverboards in this list
#8 Hoverheart 4.5” Hoverboard
- NEW HOVER BOARD: Made with Anti-fire Material
- HOVERBOARD PATINETAS ELECTRICAS FEATURES: Electronic Based Hoverboard, Very sturdy- Supporting up to 143 lbs. Minimum: 44 lbs, Impeccable Speed Controlled by Rider, Equipped with a battery, Front LED Lights, you can hit max speed of up to 6 MPH and Range: 3-6 Miles (Depend on road condition & User Weight)
- SAFETY CERTIFICATION: UL Certificated Hoverboard- Safe and Stable
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDE: Charger and Help Manual for Reference
- For Kids Only: Boy and Girl
One of the smallest, if not the smallest, hoverboards on the market currently, the Hoverheart is a great choice for the first hoverboard for young kid. Made with fire-retardant material and possessing UL safety certification, the Hoverheart’s features make a perfect choice when buying for a novice child rider.
With max speeds of 6 mph and a range of around 6 miles, depending on user weight and road conditions admittedly, this is a great hoverboard for young children. The hoverboard is much smaller than most of its other competition and consequently much lighter than them as well. This lightweight and sleek design allows your young kids to easily carry around the hoverboard wherever they’d wish to take without straining or overexerting themselves.
While the Hoverheart 4.5” doesn’t have a lot fancy or flashy features, it has most of the essentials like an ergonomic design to make riding more comfortable for young kids, a weight range of 44 lbs to 132 lbs, charging up in just 2 to 3 hours for a full charge of the battery, LED safety lights to illuminate the board and road ahead, a water resistant design, and a 12 month warranty, and Bluetooth connectivity. However with its economical price and features designed for younger kids, this would be a perfect choice for the first hoverboard of your young kid.
- Economical price for a first hoverboard
- Built for younger kids
- Max speed of 6 mph for beginner level
- Good battery life
- Lightweight and sleek design to make carrying the hoverboard easier
- 4.5” tires mean that it will be very hard to use it outdoors in rough terrain
- 132 lbs max weight limit means that only very young kids can use it
- No app connectivity
#9 EPIKGO Self Balancing Scooter
- GO SAFER - UL 2272 Certified balance board with UL2271 Certified Smart Battery. Underwent and passed 159 tests regarding safety regulations, meaning no potential fire hazards. Recommend at the Age 13+
- MORE POWER - EPIKGO has 400W Dual Motors that help it climb slopes as steep as 18 degree and last over 1 hour and over 10mile range on a single charge, making it the most powerful balance board on the market.
- GO ANYWHERE - Solid rubber tires for all- terrain purposes. Rated IP56 for solidness and water resistance. Easily maneuver through grass, mud and sand on the board built to do more.
- BIGER & BETTER - EPIKGO is nearly 2x more powerful and 30% larger than the leading competitor meaning more foot space, a more stable ride and more control.
- Maximum weight limit- 240 pounds. Minimum weight limit- 44 pounds
Epikgo comes with 400W dual motors that help it to climb up slopes that are as steep as 18 degrees. It lasts over an hour with a range of just above 10 miles, making it one of the best hoverboards currently in the market that one can find.
Epikgo is 30% larger than most of its other competitions, providing superior space to its rider. It is also 2x as powerful as most other hoverboards that are currently out in the market. Along with its 8.5” all terrain tires fitted with alloy wheels, and its semi-submersible body that is water resistant, makes Epikgo’s hoverboards one of the best hoverboards, if not the best, in term of outdoor usability. It can easily traverse over gritty terrain, dirt, grass, rocks and even puddles.
However this rugged body doesn’t detract from its safety. The Epikgo hoverboard is also UL2272 certified. Proving that it has undergone 159 different, rigorous tests to ensure that there is no chance of electrical failure sparking any kind of fire. It also comes with illuminated rear blinders and high-intensity headlights to provide clear vision to and of the rider when they’re using the hoverboard.
Its fast charge technology ensures that the hoverboard reaches up to full charge in as little as 2 hours, creating the least amount of downtime possible, allowing your children to enjoy their hoverboard quicker than before. It also comes with a 1 year warranty on all the parts that have been manufactured in the United States, where the company is based out of Silicon Valley, California.
- Rugged and large
- 30% larger than its completion
- 2x more powerful than its competition with 400W dual motors makes it easy to climb slopes of up to 18 degrees
- 8.5” tires makes it possible to easily ride over outdoor obstacles
- Semi-submersible body
- Charges in as little as 2 hours
- Brightly lit headlight
- Weighing 30 lbs, it is quite heavy, making it cumbersome for kids to carry
- No Bluetooth connectivity
#10 EPCTEK 6.5″ Hoverboard
- SAFETY CERTIFIED: Hoverboard electrical, battery and charger system tested & certified to UL 2272 safety standards - safe and stable.
- STYLISH DESIGN: The hoverboards build with LED lights and flash wheels, the wheels flash randomly make you the eye-catcher in crowds and the travel more fun.
- PERFORMANCE: 6.5" high quality rubber tires, non-slip footpads, allow you to keep stability and traction. Easy to maintain balance.
- FUN FOR ALL RIDERS: Self balancing technology of the hover board makes it easier and safer for beginners and amateurs.
- EPCTEK provides professional services, our goal is your satisfaction. If you have any questions, please send email to us.
The Epctek Hoverboard is one of the safest hoverboards in the market currently. It is filled to the brim with numerous safety features that ensure that nothing happens to your young one while they are riding the hoverboard.
The hoverboards is powered by 300W dual motors, giving powerful performance and offering a maximum speed of 8 mph. The range of the hoverboard is somewhere around 8-12 miles on a single charge of the hoverboard. With its powerful motors, it can climb inclines of up to 15 degrees without an issue. It can carry anywhere from 44 lbs to a whopping 264 lbs in terms of rider’s weight, making it one of the more powerful hoverboards out there in the market.
Its sturdy 6.5” inch rubber tires provide durability and smoother rides than its competitions. It also comes in 3 different models, the base version having no sidelight, the next version having sidelights, and the top model which also includes a Bluetooth speaker. All three models however have flashy wheel lights and front lighting LED strips.
The Epctek has one of the best battery management systems when it comes to hoverboards and provides one of the best experiences in terms of battery longevity and reliability. Other safety features that the Epctek comes with, apart from UL certification are overcharge protection, non-slip pedals, low voltage protection, automatic switch off when rider steps off, short circuit protection, explosion proof tires and overheating protection. Courtesy of its battery management system, its batteries charge in just 2-3 hours and it has an intelligent output system.
It is one of the best hoverboards in the market currently and in amongst the top rated self balancing scooters that Amazon is listing and selling.
- Numerous, comprehensive safety features
- Powerful 300W dual motors
- Can carry riders weighing up to 264 lbs meaning that even adults can enjoy this hoverboard easily or riders can carry something along with them
- Efficient and wonderful battery system
- Lightweight hoverboard, weighing in at just 17 lbs
- No app connectivity
- Not all models come with Bluetooth
With that we have finalised our 10 best hoverboards for kids in 2019. This list is one the most comprehensive lists that you’ll find online, with us having spent hours researching on the best, safest and most economical hoverboards that you would want to buy for your little one. Hoverboards can be a great gift for your kid, helping them develop great body coordination, giving them a means to travel small distances, and most importantly letting them have fun with a great toy.
But while riding hoverboards make sure that you and your children take adequate precautions, especially when just starting to ride a hoverboard and figuring out the proper controls. It can take some time depending on generally how dextrous an individual is to properly get the hang of riding hoverboards. Always wear a helmet when riding a hoverboard, no matter your level of experience with riding a hoverboard. Novice riders should additionally be wearing protective knee and hand gears to protect them in case of any falls.
A last note of advice would be to check carefully whenever you’re going to buy any warranty for your kid’s hoverboard. A lot of retailers and sellers have dubious practices in terms of warranty terms, so ensure that you have carefully read through the terms of a warranty before purchasing one for your product. For nothing would feel as bad as having a warranty that you spent a lot of money on but the warranty not being applicable to your specific defect or problem.
With that we hope that you find one of these 10 best hoverboards, best suited for your little one and get them a gift that they will always remember and cherish. And one, depending on which one you choose, you might enjoy as well; while they’re not looking of course!
15 Best Pink Coffee Makers 2020 for Chic Homes – Reviews & Buyers Guide
MigasReviews is supported by users. If you purchase through links on our blog, we may earn an affiliate commission. A...
Best Pole Saw of 2020 – Buying Guide & Reviews
MigasReviews is supported by users. If you purchase through links on our blog, we may earn an affiliate commission. Maintaining...
Best Table Saw Fences of 2020 – Buying Guide & Reviews
MigasReviews is supported by users. If you purchase through links on our blog, we may earn an affiliate commission. Best...
Top 10 Commercial Cold Press Juicers 2020 – Reviews & Buying Guide
MigasReviews is supported by users. If you purchase through links on our blog, we may earn an affiliate commission. More...
Best Colloidal Silver Generator [Reviews & Buying Guide]
MigasReviews is supported by users. If you purchase through links on our blog, we may earn an affiliate commission. Colloidal...
10+ Mainstays Candles Reviews
MigasReviews is supported by users. If you purchase through links on our blog, we may earn an affiliate commission. Nothing...
Best Truck Bed Bike Racks 2019 – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
MigasReviews is supported by users. If you purchase through links on our blog, we may earn an affiliate commission. A...